What is a Locum Agency?
What is a Locum Agency?
A locum agency is a recruitment company that specialises in the placement of medical staff on a temporary basis. It doesn’t however; mean that a locum agency only deals with temporary staff. Fresh Recruitment for instance, makes it possible to get permanent and part time employment in the medical industry. Short and long term locum jobs
placements are made.
The locum agency offers recruitment services to employers such as hospitals, private practices, and clinics whereby suitable candidates for a particular opening are sourced. The locum recruitment company also offers placement services for candidates looking for short or long term employment in a speciality field or general practice according to their skills, experience, qualifications, and interests.
The main benefits and functions of the locum agency for the employer include:
- Sourcing of the most suitable candidates to fill the specific position.
- Pre-screening, assessments, identity checks, and interviews conducted on behalf of the employer.
- Handling of payroll administration.
- Setting up of employment contracts.
- Cost, human resources, and time savings because the locum recruitment company deals with all of the above rather than the employer.
- Improving the quality of the workforce since experts in locum recruitment handle the screening process ensuring a perfect match between employer and employee.
The main benefits and functions of the locum agency for the candidate include:
- Finding suitable positions according to the candidate’s profile which includes interests, remuneration needs, and benefits required, skills level, experience, and qualifications as well as personality.
- Cost and time savings as the candidate doesn’t have to conduct a medical job hunt through various sources such as newspaper ads and the Internet. The locum recruitment company does the locum work job hunt on behalf of the candidate.
- Improved chances of landing the perfect position.
- Reviews and verification of identity, documents, qualifications, and references ensuring that the candidate doesn’t have to go through the process several times.
The locum agency such as Fresh Medical Recruitment focuses on the medical industry ensuring better matching capabilities, a larger employer and employee pool, and offers expert medical recruitment
guidance to the employer and candidate alike.